Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cauliflower Recipe #2

Super simple, super good.

CAULIFLOWER POLONAISE


1 Large cauliflower
6 Tbs. butter (wow, I never use this much)
2Tbs. chopped onion
1 Clove garlic
1Tbs. chopped parsley
2 Tbs. bread crumbs
1 hard-cooked egg, finely chopped
(A note: I add all types of veggies and just cook them with the onions. Add whatever you want, peas, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini....you get the idea)

Divide cauliflower into nice bouquets. Cover with cold salted water. Bring to boil, then simmer gently until barely tender. Drain thoroughly and keep warm. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in the pan in which the cauliflower cooked (like I said, I don't use this much butter, use olive oil and a little bit of butter). Add onions and cook slowly 1 minute. Press garlic and add to onions. Continue cooking slowly a minute or so, or until onion if soft. Add parsley, bread crumbs, egg and remaining butter. Mix with cauliflower and serve. This make 4-6 servings.
VOILA!

7 comments:

  1. I have never cooked cauliflower in my entire life. I am one of the over lookers. I think I just may try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe. Got 3 growing in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cauliflower. They're so yummy in soups and stews.

    My dad likes it raw....

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this sounds awesome. I recently discovered smashed cauliflower while on this low-carb diet. I'm so into cauli now! Thanks for sharing!

    Ally @ FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you through Michelle's blog. Love this! Cauliflower rocks and to think that I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole when I was little. I've got a kick butt recipe for cauliflower on the side bar of my blog. Come stop by for a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gustavo Osmar Santos
    Estuvo AquĆ­...Wonderfull.

    ReplyDelete